Untangle Network Security
Abd El-Monem A. El-Bawab
About This Book
- Learn how to install, deploy, and configure Untangle NG Firewall
- Understand network security fundamentals and how to protect your network using Untangle NG Firewall
- Step-by-step tutorial supported by many examples and screenshots
Who This Book Is For
If you are a security engineer or a system administrator and want to secure your server infrastructure with the feature-rich Untangle, this book is for you. For individuals who want to start their career in the network security field, this book would serve as a perfect companion to learn the basics of network security and how to implement it using Untangle NGFW.
What You Will Learn
- Install and configure Untangle NG Firewall
- Protect your network using Untangle NG Firewall
- Explore Untangle's apps
- Customize user policies for your network
- Increase user productivity and enhance WAN performance
- Deploy multi-WAN services available in Untangle
- Configure remote access and site-to-site VPN using SSL or IPsec
- Decipher platform reports
Untangle NG Firewall simplifies network security because of its easy configuration and user-friendly interface. These attributes, in addition to its low price, make Untangle one of the most popular UTM products, and the first choice for many SMBs.
Starting with a detailed description of the capabilities of Untangle as a server security solution, this book will help you to choose the right hardware and successfully deploy Untangle on your network. You will learn how to tackle a multitude of digital threats by using Filters and Blockers, including Virus Blocker, Spam Blocker, and Spyware Blocker. You will learn how to use these tools in a dedicated scenario-based training module. You will then learn about Untangle's Network Policy, how to display network-acceptable use policies, and how to enforce network policies for guests and mobile devices. With this book, you will gain hands-on experience of utilizing Untangle's WAN and VPN services, and you will be tutored on how to effectively secure your network infrastructure in real-world situations, with solutions for every type of business.