GNOME 3 Application Development Beginner's Guide
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-02-11
- 售價: $1,440
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,368
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 366
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1849519420
- ISBN-13: 9781849519427
$3,240Digital Image Processing: An Algorithmic Approach with MATLAB (Hardcover)
$299Beginning Android 4 Application Development (Paperback)
Step-by-step practical guide to get to grips with GNOME application development
- Full of easy to follow tutorials with ready-to-run code.
- Covers most of the subsystems in the GNOME 3 platform stack, from low to high level.
- Adapts common good development practices with GNOME 3 development environment.
GNOME is a desktop environment and graphical user interface that runs on top of a computer operating system. GNOME 3 provides both modern desktops and development platforms with more than 50 supported languages of the world. Since 1999, it has been evolving into a very nice desktop to use and an interesting platform to develop on.
This book is full of step-by-step tutorials and ready to run codes. The examples are written in a simple and straightforward way to make it easier for the reader to get a thorough understanding of the topics.
The book starts with the installation of GNOME 3 and ends with building two exciting projects, a web browser and a Twitter client. The book starts from the basics and gradually talks about more advanced topics.
It then guides the readers in using the development environment starts from Anjuta IDE, Glade, and DevHelp. The essential GNOME 3 subsystems like GStreamer, GLib, GIO, GSettings, Evolutions Data Server, WebKit, and GNOME desktop are then uncovered one by one. Then the internationalization, localization, and unit testing techniques are brought up.
"GNOME 3 Application Development Beginner's Guide" is really a guide that a novice GNOME 3 application developer must not miss.
What you will learn from this book
- GNOME 3 development environment installation in many popular Linux distribution.
- Best engineering practices in GNOME, from mock up to the running app.
- Accessing data with Evolution Data Server.
- Internationalization and localization in GNOME 3.
- Unit testing framework in GLib, Gdk, and Gtk+.
- Multimedia programming with GStreamer.
- GNOME 3 development environment installation in many popular Linux distributions.
- GNOME 3 desktop integration
This book is a step-by-step guide with ready-to-run codes to guide you in developing applications with GNOME.
Who this book is written for