Instant jQuery Boilerplate for Plugins
Get started with jQuery plugin development with this rapid-paced guide
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Build your first basic jQuery Plugin
- Learn how to make your plugin configurable
- Get to grips with the structure of jQuery Boilerplate
jQuery plugins helps you to extend jQuery’s prototype object. jQuery plugins are used to achieve a specific task with a collection of elements, they are modular and reusable across several projects.
Instant jQuery Boilerplate for Plugins is a hands on guide to writing your own plugins. The recipes in this book will guide you through the steps of plug-in development.
Each recipe is a short tutorial within itself that will help you explore different options available within jQuery by providing a clear explanation on what jQuery Boilerplate has to offer. By the end of the book, you will have learned how to write a plugin and will be ready to start writing plugins of your own.
What you will learn from this book
- How to structure your first plugin
- How to use YQL to write a plugin that is able to read from the Twitter API
- How to write your very own carousel
- How to write your own jQuery Validation plugin
- How to test your plug-in with QUnit
- How to make your plugins flexible and reusable
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. This book is a how-to manual complete with recipes that range from writing a simple plug-in to adding enhancements/features to your plug-in.
Who this book is written for