Instant Lift Web Applications
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-03-11
- 售價: $760
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $722
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 96
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1849519781
- ISBN-13: 9781849519786
Get to know the Lift Web Framework quickly and efficiently using practical, hands-on recipes
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Develop your own Lift web applications, find practical examples for many common use cases.
- Learn how to build responsive web applications.
- Hands-on recipes with accompanying source code to help you get up to speed quickly.
The tools to build engaging and secure web applications are changing at a furious pace. Over the last few years the Lift framework along with the Scala programming language have emerged as a recognized toolset to develop secure, scalable, and responsive applications.
"Instant Lift Web Applications How-to" will help you get started with the Lift framework. Learn through practical and relevant examples how important tasks are accomplished, from setting up your development environment to extending your application with a REST API.
Through a number of clear, practical recipes you will be guided through setting up your development environment, starting your first Lift application, and developing practically relevant features for your own applications. You will be introduced to Lifts building blocks like Designer Friendly Templates, Snippets, and CSS Selectors. Learn how to integrate AJAX into your applications and how to make them even more responsive with Comet updates from the server to the browser. We will talk about REST API integration as well as integrating CSS frameworks like Twitter Bootstrap into your own applications. Learn everything you need to know to start developing engaging, real life web applications with the Lift framework and the key features Lift offer you to be able to understand its benefits.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up and run your first Lift application.
- Understanding Designer Friendly Templates.
- Learn how CSS Selector Bindings work.
- Utilise Lift's security features like SiteMap page access.
- Learn how to use Lift with MongoDB and Rogue.
- Build a REST API with Lift.
- Create stunning user interfaces by integrating Twitter Bootstrap.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. Packt How-to books follow practical examples to quickly and easily instruct in the use of a toolset.
Who this book is written for
This book is for developers who want to start developing Lift applications and learn about the Lift framework and its amazing capabilities, and for people who want to become comfortable with the Lift toolset so they can quickly get up to speed with Lift and begin developing their first applications. The practical descriptions within the book quickly show the reader whether Lift has the right features for them. This book is for people who have some basic knowledge and understanding of the Scala language.