This is a crash course in improving your enterprise reporting skills using Oracle BI Publisher. It takes you from the fundamentals of Business Intelligence to advanced configuration techniques, and everything in between.
- A practical tutorial for improving your Enterprise reporting skills with Oracle BI Publisher 11g
- Master report migration, template design, and E-Business Suite integration
- A practical guide brimming with tips about all the new features of the 11g release
What you will learn from this book
- Jump start your learning by understanding what Business Intelligence really means
- Migrate Oracle reports to Oracle BI Publisher 11g
- Get to grips with designing Data Models for reports in Oracle BIP 11g
- Master the management of multiple data sources
- Gain the skills to design the layout of reports and build BI Publisher templates
- Build RTF templates using Template Builder for MSWord
- Go further with Oracle BIP by integrating with E-Business Suite and dealing with report translations
- Learn how to build a report from beginning to end, including configuration
This is a practical guide with step-by step instructions for enhancing your application of Oracle BI Publisher 11g for enterprise reporting.
Who this book is written for
If you are an Oracle BI Publisher 11g end user, be it a report developer, business analyst or consultant, this book is for you. You should have good knowledge of general reporting practices and XML/XSL programming, though experience of using BI/XML publisher is not essential.
Oracle BI Publisher 11g (formerly XML Publisher) enables the creation, management and delivery of various reports, making it a desirable tool for any company to achieve the best image of your resources. This book offers practical application of BIP functionality for improving your ability to design and deliver quality reports just when they are needed.
"Oracle BI Publisher 11g: A Practical Guide to Enterprise Reporting" is an applicable guide for using Oracle BIP from the perspective of a report developer, helping you to utilize the tool from simple to complex report design. You can take advantage of both the existing functionality of BIP 10g, as well as a special emphasis on the new 11g features.
This guide will take you on a tour of Oracle BI Publisher 11g, beginning with a description of the new 11g functionality. You'll continue by learning from a range of step-by-step procedures for building Data Models, Layout Templates and report configurations, packed with screenshots to help you along. Finally, you'll tackle themes like integration with Oracle EBS, Oracle report migration, and report translations.
By the end of "Oracle BI Publisher 11g: A Practical Guide to Enterprise Reporting", you'll be equipped with all you need to know to produce complex reports detailing your company's data.