Take back control of your data center with this practical step-by-step tutorial to using Oracle Enterprise Manager. Real-life examples and case studies help you manage rationally rather than through day-to-day firefighting.
- Learn about the tremendous capabilities of the latest powerhouse version of Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control
- Take a deep dive into crucial topics including Provisioning and Patch Automation, Performance Management and Exadata Database Machine Management
- Take advantage of the author's experience as an Oracle Certified Master in this real world guide including enterprise examples and case studies
Data centers around the world are experiencing an unprecedented era of growth due to expanding data volumes. There is also a corresponding increase in the number of databases and applications. In such rapid-growth centers, it is inevitable that fighting fires daily becomes a common occurrence. There is often no controlled method of performance management, neither is rapidly changing configuration information collected.
With the lack of automation and control, Data Centers do not often realize their intended cost-effectiveness and regress into a chaotic and uncontrolled day-to-day type of existence. This was the case until Oracle Enterprise Manager started being used as an Enterprise-wide central management solution, changing the whole game in the process.
In this brand new book by Porus Homi Havewala, one of the leading experts in the Oracle space, you will be introduced to the all-encompassing world of Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c, Oracle's premier product for managing and monitoring the Enterprise space. Drawing from the author's many years of experience in the real world, the book brings together the major capabilities of the latest Enterprise Manager software and demonstrates how to ease the growing pains of Data Centers.
The book takes you on a descriptive journey of what issues are normally experienced in the Data Center, and how Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c manages to address and resolve many of the issues.
The book introduces the reader to the typical chaos in Data Centers and discusses the way these common issues are normally resolved, by manual labor or manual scripting using extensive human resources. Then it will show you how Cloud Control 12c aids in Database Performance Management, Configuration Management, Security Compliance, Automated Provisioning, Automated Patching and Database Change Management.
What will you learn from this book
- Get started straight away by installing Enterprise Manager 12c or upgrading from earlier versions
- Learn how to discover components automatically, collect configuration information and allow configuration comparisons
- Enforce security compliance with frameworks, standards and rules including real-time configuration change detection
- Master Oracle Enterprise Manager techniques for automated provisioning and patching, using the new Designer/Operator role separation
- Understand the powerful database change management capabilities of Enterprise Manager
- Take advantage of Oracle Enterprise Manager to discover, monitor and manage the powerful Exadata Database Machine
- Use Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control effectively to resolve typical Data Center chaos
- Learn about the new Performance Management capabilities of Enterprise Manager 12c.