OCA Oracle Database 11g: Database Administration I: A Real-World Certification Guide
Learn how to become an Oracle-certified Database Administrator
- Prepare for Oracle Database Administration I certification.
- Learn real world skills in database administration.
- Written in an example driven format with step-by-step real world examples.
Oracle Database Server is the most widely used relational database in the world today. This book gives you the essential skills to master the fundamentals of Oracle database administration and prepares you for Oracle DBA certification.
"OCA Oracle Database 11g: Database Administration I: A Real-World Certification Guide" prepares you to master the fundamentals of Oracle database administration using an example driven method that is easy to understand. The real world examples will prepare you to face the daily challenges of being a database administrator.
Starting with the essentials of why databases are important in today's information technology world and how they work, you are then guided through a full, customized installation of the Oracle software and creating your own personal database.
We then examine fundamental concepts of Oracle, including architecture, storage structures, security, performance tuning, networking, and instance management. Finally, we take an in-depth look at some of the most important concepts in the daily life of an Oracle DBA - backup, recovery, and data migration.
"OCA Oracle Database 11g: Database Administration I: A Real-World Certification Guide" provides you with the skills you need in order to become a successful Oracle DBA, both for certification and real life tasks.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn about installation of the Oracle database software package.
- Create and configure your very own Oracle database.
- Discover how the Oracle database architecture provides a platform for high-performance, high availability databases.
- Learn how to manage an Oracle instance, including startup and shutdown concepts
- Optimise performance and perform crucial database tasks including offline, online, and incremental backups as well as data migration.
- Learn how to restore and recover an Oracle database from media failure, including point-in-time recoverie.
Developed as a practical book, "OCA Oracle Database 11g: Database Administration I: A Real-World Certification Guide" will show you all you need to know to effectively excel at being an Oracle DBA, for both examinations and the real world.
Who this book is written for
This book is for anyone who needs the essential skills to become an Oracle DBA, pass the Oracle Database Administration I exam, and use those skills in the real world to manage secure, high performance, and highly available Oracle database.