If your skill-sets include developing in C# on the .NET platform, this tutorial is a golden opportunity to extend your capabilities into mobile app development using the ASP.NET MVC framework. A totally practical primer.
- Learn and utilize the latest Microsoft tools and technologies to develop mobile web apps with a native feel
- Create web applications for the traditional and mobile web
- Discover techniques used to overcome the pitfalls of developing Internet-ready apps
The ASP.NET MVC 4 framework is used to build scalable web applications with the help of design patterns and .NET Framework. The Model-View-Controller (MVC) is a design principle which separates the components of a web application. This separation helps you to modify, develop, and test different components of a web application.
ASP.NET MVC 4 Mobile App Development helps you to develop next generation applications, while guiding you to deal with the constraints the mobile web places on application development. By the end of the book, you will be well versed with all the aspects of mobile app development.
ASP.NET MVC 4 Mobile App Development introduces you to developing mobile web apps using the ASP.NET MVC 4 framework. Walking you through the process of creating a homebrew recipe sharing application, this book teaches you the fundamentals and concepts relevant to developing Internet-ready mobile-enabled web apps. Through the sample application, you will learn how to secure your apps against XSS and CSRF attacks, open up your application to users using third party logins such as Google or Facebook, and how to use Razor, HTML 5, and CSS 3 to create custom views and content targeting mobile devices. Using these custom views, you will then learn how to create web apps with a native mobile device feel using jQuery mobile. By the end of the book, you will be presented with a set of challenges to prove to yourself that you now have the skills to extend your existing web applications to the mobile web or create new mobile web apps.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand the differences between developing traditional web apps and apps targeting the mobile web
- Learn to use the conventions and configurations used by Entity Framework 5.0 to tailor our model to suit our requirements
- Secure your apps and protect your users from Internet attacks like XSS and CSRF
- Familiarize yourself with HTML 5 and CSS 3 to develop next-generation web apps
- Socialize your app using SignalR and WebSockets to provide real-time features to your users
- Create highly-optimized multi-threaded mobile apps using the new async and await keywords and content bundles
A step-by-step tutorial to get acquainted with the ASP.NET MVC4 Framework and its features in order to discover how to develop web applications using them.
Who this book is written for
This book is targeted at people who are familiar with C# development on the .NET platform and are interested in web development with the ASP.NET development framework. No prior web or mobile development experience is required.