- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-03-22
- 售價: $760
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $722
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 88
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 184968748X
- ISBN-13: 9781849687485
A quick reference guide to walk you through the setup of InnoDB, and help you start unlocking the engine's potential.
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Detailed and in-depth explanation of configuration and tuning parameters, in addition to troubleshooting and performance analysis methods.
- Learn how to optimize InnoDB with static and dynamic configuration parameters.
- Learn how to measure, analyse, and load test InnoDB workloads.
InnoDB, the default storage engine for MySQL, is one of the most robust and commonly used in the world today. It can, however, be initially daunting to learn how to start implementing its features, and it can pose unique problems to the beginner user. This guide is written to address these problems.
"Instant InnoDB" addresses everything you need to know for the installation, configuration, load testing, analysis, and long term support of an InnoDB based database environment. If you've ever wanted to learn more about InnoDB but didn't want to sit down with a formidably large or dry read, then the InnoDB Quick Reference Guide is your ideal companion.
"Instant InnoDB" guides you expertly through the initial setup and system requirements for getting up and running with a simple environment that can be used for the development and testing of the InnoDB engine.
After an in-depth look at basic and advanced configuration settings we delve into the internals of InnoDB that allow it to handle Multi-Version Concurrency Control and ACID transaction compliance. We will then dig deeper into advanced topics, such as memory buffer tuning methods and transaction log file handling. We'll then cover typical approaches and solutions to monitoring the database and reporting on operational states.
By the end of the InnoDB Quick Reference Guide, we will have covered the common approaches to troubleshooting and error handling, as well as providing you with solutions to the most common architectural, administrative, and engineering related situations that arise when working with the InnoDB database engine.
What you will learn from this book
- How to easily install and enable the InnoDB engine.
- Basic and advanced runtime configuration settings.
- Memory management and buffer tuning.
- Troubleshooting and methods for common errors.
- Tablespace architecture options and their benefits.
- Optimize and monitor resource utilization.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. This book is a complete reference guide, designed to provide you with answers and solutions to all the common problems you encounter within InnoDB, helping you achieve higher performance and greater stability in your InnoDB databases.
Who this book is written for
The "Instant InnoDB" features content for all skill levels of MySQL administrators, developers, and engineers.