This tutorial reaches the parts that standard manuals don't, taking you deep into advanced BPMN topics for Oracle BPM Suite. With a practical approach and logical explanations, it will make you a maestro of BPMN.
- Cover some of the most commonly misunderstood areas of BPMN
- Gain the knowledge to write professional BPMN processes.
- A practical and concise tutorial packed with advanced topics which until now had received little or no documentation for BPM Suite developers and architects.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand different ways to communicate between processes
- Grasp which mechanisms are available for handling exceptions in BPM
- Understand when to use different approaches to exception handling
- Recognize how the Fault Management Framework can be used with BPM
- Create, manipulate and iterate over arrays in BPMN
- Capture exceptions in a BPMN process
- Get to grips with using correlation, including inside loops
- Understand how BPM exceptions affect the SCA composite
- Ensure that communications are delivered to the correct instance of a process
- Tackle each advanced concept through both theoretical and practical learning
"Oracle BPM Suite 11g: Advanced BPMN Topics" is a concise tutorial which treats each topic to both a theoretical and practical approach.
Who this book is written for
If you are a developer or architect working with Oracle BPM Suite 11g, this book is for you. Basic knowledge of BPM Suite and business process management in general is assumed.
Oracle BPM Suite is a popular and highly capable business process management system with extensive integration capabilities. BPMN, one of the most widely used process modeling notations, includes advanced capabilities for inter-process communication, working of arrays of data, and handling exceptions. However, these very same areas are often poorly understood. This book gives you the knowledge to create professional process models using these advanced features of BPMN.
"Oracle BPM Suite 11g: Advanced BPMN Topics" is the only book available that provides coverage of advanced BPMN topics for Oracle BPM Suite, helping to fill in the gaps left by the product documentation, and giving you the information that you need to know to use BPMN to its full potential.
This book covers the important theory behind inter-process communication, working with arrays and handling exceptions in BPMN, along with detailed, step-by-step practical exercises that demonstrate and consolidate this theoretical knowledge.
Throughout the book we'll cover topics including different types of sub-processes, initializing and manipulating arrays, using the multi-instance embedded sub-process, fault propagation and more.
With "Oracle BPM Suite 11g: Advanced BPMN Topics" in hand, you'll gain detailed and practical experience in using the advanced features of BPMN to create professional BPMN processes with Oracle BPM.