A sneak peek at all the important new features and functionality of Oracle Solaris 11
- Master the new installation methods.
- Learn about advanced network configuration.
Oracle Solaris provides innovative, built-in features that deliver breakthrough high availability, advanced security, efficiency, and industry-leading scalability and performance to help businesses grow.
"Oracle Solaris 11: First Look" covers the new features and functionality of Oracle Solaris 11 and how these new features and improvements will make it easier to deploy services to the enterprise while improving performance and reducing total cost of ownership.
This book starts with coverage of Image Packaging System and the new installation methods. It then moves swiftly to network configuration. The book also includes some security features and improvements.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand the new Solaris packaging system
- Master the role of zones in Solaris 11 with some new utilities, new features, and some mandatory differences in basic setup and usage
- Get started with some security features and improvements
- Discover features of the ZFS file system in Solaris 11
This book is written in simple, easy-to-understand format with lots of screenshots and step-by-step explanations.
Who this book is written for
If you are a Solaris administrator looking for a step-by-step guide to understand the new features and functionality of Oracle Solaris 11, then this is the guide for you. Working knowledge of Solaris is required.