SolarWinds Orion Network Performance Monitor
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-04-19
- 售價: $1,840
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,748
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 336
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1849688486
- ISBN-13: 9781849688482
An essential guide for installing, implementing, and calibrating SolarWinds Orion NPM
- Master wireless monitoring and the control of wireless access points
- Learn how to respond quickly and efficiently to network issues with SolarWinds Orion NPM.
- Build impressive reports to effectively visualize issues, solutions, and the overall health of your network.
Orion Network Performance Monitor is a scalable, easy-to-use, cost-effective network monitoring system that provides a complete overview of network environments by monitoring performance and availability. Orion NPM enables you to be proactive in detecting, diagnosing, and resolving network issues and outages and has the benefit of supporting hundreds of types of server, OS, and network vendors including Cisco, HP, Microsoft, Linux, Motorola, Brocade, Foundry, and more.
Orion NPM is a well-known product and is used by thousands of public and private companies, educational institutions, and government entities for network monitoring. In "SolarWinds Orion Network Performance Monitor" you will learn how to install, implement, and manage Orion NPM to ensure you maintain an efficient, healthy, and performant network.
In this book you will start with an overview of the constituent features of Orion NPM. Leading you through installation and configuration this book will help you set up a flexible and dynamic monitoring solution.
With Orion NPM in place the book will then take you on a journey through essential Orion NPM and network monitoring concepts and practices. You will cover device management, learning how to use the Network Sonar Wizard, as well as adding devices manually
Turning from novice to pro, you will then be introduced to the core of network monitoring with Orion NPM. You will learn about monitoring Windows and Linux solutions as well as Virtual Servers. You will then master wireless networks and virtual networks. You will then learn how to set up and edit alerts to make network monitoring more efficient and less time-consuming. You will also learn how to develop reports and network maps as well as essential administrative techniques.
What you will learn from this book
- Quick installation and calibration of SolarWinds Orion NPM.
- Develop attractive and informative network reports.
- Essential maintenance processes and best practices.
- Efficient network monitoring techniques.
- Create responsive and flexible alerts.
- Configure and manage Orion NPM so that it suits your network's needs.
- Calibrate Syslog Server and SNMP Traps for best effect.
- Understand and monitor Virtual Server hosts and Hypervisors.
This book is written in a friendly manner written by an expert with numerous years of practical experience utilizing SolarWinds Orion NPM as a network monitoring solution.
Who this book is written for
This book is for systems administrators, system analysts, and systems engineers who are tasked with installing and implementing a network performance monitor. Knowledge of basic network concepts is required..