Learn how to build dimensions and cubes in a SQL Server 2012 development environment
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Create your own SQL Server development environment.
- Full of practical tutorials on cube design and development.
- Learn how to efficiently administrate and manage your SQL Server instance.
Microsoft SQL Server Analytical Services, or SSAS, is an analytical processing OLAP tool which allows users to analyze business data quickly and easily.
In this book you will get started with SQL Server cube development. You will start by learning how to install SQL Server 2012 and create a development environment. You will then finish by diving into the development and design of dimension and cubes in SQL Server.
This book starts by jumping into the new and important features of Microsoft SQL Server 2012. Afterwards we will run through the installation of SQL Server then how to check the validation of SQL Server and security consideration during and after installation.
After you have SQL Server running, you will get started with SQL Server cube development, first by creating a development environment, then by developing and designing dimensions and cubes in SQL Server.
Moving on to administration and user management of SQL Server 2012 you will then build your own SQL Server development environment and create your own dimensions and cubes. You will then finish with a journey through further tutorials and guidance on continuing and progressing with SSAS cube development.
What you will learn from this book
- What’s new In SQL Server 2012 .
- Evaluation of SQL Server development environment requirements.
- How to design the SQL Server installation.
- Components of the development environment.
- Installation of essential services with SQL Server 2012.
- Administration of user management and server roles.
- Build and create dimensions and cubes in a development environment.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. Written in a practical, friendly manner this book will take you through the journey from installing SQL Server to developing your first cubes.
Who this book is written for
"Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Service 2012 Dimensions" and Cube Starter is targeted at anyone who wants to get started with cube development in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services. Regardless of whether you are a SQL Server developer who knows nothing about cube development or SSAS or even OLAP, you will be able to pick up this title and quickly start developing cubes.