Oracle ADF is one of the easiest ways to develop rich internet applications. All you need is a little Java to get the most from this book as it takes you step-by-step from installation, to development, to implementation.
- Implement a web-based application using the powerful ADF development framework from Oracle
- Experience the fun of building a simple web application with practical examples and step-by-step instructions
- Understand the power of Oracle ADF 11gR2 and develop any complex application with confidence
Oracle ADF is an end-to-end framework which makes application development simple by providing infrastructure services as well as visual and declarative development right away.
"Oracle ADF 11gR2 Development Beginner's Guide" guides any user with programming skills to be able to quickly learn the options and ways to develop rich Internet applications using ADF 11gR2. Containing all the skills that a new user has to use to build an application in ADF 11gR2, this book is designed in such a way so that it enhances the practical feel of developing applications in ADF 11gR2.
Starting with the installation and configuration of Oracle ADF 11g RD we will then work through topics such as working with the Model Layer and Model Data followed by displaying and binding the data. Later we will look at Navigations and Flows within applications as well as their layout, look, and feel. "Oracle ADF 11g R2 Development Beginner's Guide" will conclude with us looking at the security and deployment of the applications which have been created.
What you will learn from this book
- Explore the installation procedure and the configurations needed to work with Jdeveloper
- Familiarize yourself with the ADF Model Layer and work with the Business Components
- Identify the components and mplement the validations for the Business Rules
- Bind the model data and expose it to the user interface using the data control
- Learn to display and arrange the layouts in the View Layer using ADF Faces components
- Understand the navigation flows and find out how to pass information between pages
- Discover the significance of the Skin Editor to style the pages using CSS styles and themes
- Implement the security for your pages and learn how to deploy the application
"Oracle ADF 11gR2 Development Beginner's Guide" will cover the basics of Oracle ADF 11g development and will then work through more complex topics as the reader gains more skills. This book will follow a tutorial approach with the content and tasks getting more advanced throughout.
Who this book is written for
This book is intended for beginners who know a little about Java programming and would like to learn how to develop rich web applications using the Oracle Application Development Framework.