Microsoft XNA 4.0 Game Development Cookbook
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2012-06-22
- 售價: $2,110
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $2,005
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 356
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1849691983
- ISBN-13: 9781849691987
無現貨庫存(No stock available)
This book goes further than the basic manuals to help you exploit Microsoft XNA to create fantastic virtual worlds and effects in your 2D or 3D games. Includes 35 essential recipes for game developers.
- Accelerate your XNA learning with a myriad of tips and tricks to solve your everyday problems
- Get to grips with adding special effects, virtual atmospheres and computer controlled characters with this book and e-book
- A fast-paced cookbook packed with screenshots to illustrate each advanced step by step task
- Apply the techniques learned for wiring games for PC, Xbox 360 and Windows Phone 7
What you will learn from this book
- Dive straight in to creating Special Effects like shadows, smoke and explosions
- Get up to speed with creating both 2D and 3D terrain, including height maps and block worlds
- Create more natural character animation with shortcuts like motion capture through Kinect and Rag Doll physics
- Create 3D objects like spheres, tori and trees with code instead of modeling software
- Add atmosphere to your world with virtual water, sky and clouds
- Understand how to set the foundation for multiplayer gaming with networking
"Microsoft XNA 4.0 Game Development Cookbook" is a fast-paced cookbook for taking your knowledge of the framework further with advanced game development tasks. Packed with step-by-step instructions and screenshots, the book will solve an experienced developer's everyday coding problems.
Who this book is written for
If you are an XNA developer who has already successfully mastered simple 2D and 3D XNA tasks, dive into "Microsoft XNA 4.0 Game Development Cookbook" for something more challenging. You should be comfortable with the basics of the XNA framework, and have experience with C#.
Microsoft XNA attempts to free game developers from writing "repetitive boilerplate code", allowing them to focus on producing enjoyable gameplay rather than tedious and complicated setup. The Framework has reduced the once steep learning curve for game development, transforming it into something more attainable, and this cookbook will help you to take full advantage of XNA to bring reality into your virtual worlds.
"Microsoft XNA 4.0 Game Development Cookbook" is the perfect resource for propelling your game development capabilities from the simple 2D demo towards engaging and exciting, professional looking games. With a diverse selection of game-related topics covered, discover how to create rich 2D and 3D worlds filled with interesting characters, detailed scenery and dynamic special effects applicable to PC, Xbox 360 and Windows Phone 7 game play.
There is no shortage of introductory texts available for XNA, a number of which are fantastic for getting started with simple 2D games, but "Microsoft XNA 4.0 Game Development Cookbook" will help you take the steps to start producing games that have deeper gameplay, compelling graphics and that little bit of extra polish!
The book's recipes will get you up and going quickly with the next level of game features such as 3D graphics, AI, and network play.
With this practical cookbook to hand, even the more experienced developer will be better equipped to achieve high level tasks with XNA in a quick and efficient manner.