Get a complete grounding in the exciting visual world of Canvas and HTML5 using this recipe-packed cookbook. Learn to create charts and graphs, draw complex shapes, add interactivity, work with Google maps, and much more.
- Build interactive visualizations of data from scratch with integrated animations and events
- Draw with canvas and other html5 elements that improve your ability to draw directly in the browser
- Work and improve existing 3rd party charting solutions such as Google Maps
Our goal is that by the end of this book you will have a strong foundation; knowing when to create a chart on your own from scratch and when it would be a good idea to depend on other APIs.
We finish our book in our last two chapters exploring Google maps and integrating everything we learnt into a full project.
What you will learn from this book
- Creating graphics in Canvas 2D and draw complex shapes
- Building most of the common charts through step-by-step recipes
- Discovering many fantastic charting solutions and learn how to deal with their capabilities and how to change them as well
- Learning how to work with Google maps , Google Charts, and Google Docs API
- Integrating your data into live data, xml driven data, objects, and strings
This cookbook is organized in a linear, progressive way allowing it to be read from start to finish, as well as to be used as a useful resource for specific tasks.
The HTML5 examples and recipes will have you making dynamic, interactive, and animated charts and graphs in no time.
Who this book is written for