Raspberry Pi Networking Cookbook
An epic collection of practical and engaging recipes for the Raspberry Pi!
- Learn how to install, administer, and maintain your Raspberry Pi
- Create a network fileserver for sharing documents, music, and videos.
- Host a web portal, collaboration wiki, or even your own wireless access point.
- Connect to your desktop remotely, with minimum hassle.
The Raspberry Pi is more than just a platform for teaching students how to program computers! The recipes in this book show you how this inexpensive computer can be used out of the box for a number of practical solutions that utilize existing networks and connectivity.
The Raspberry Pi Networking Cookbook is an essential reference full of practical solutions for use both at home and in the office. Beginning with step-by-step instructions for installation and configuration, this book can either be read from cover to cover or treated as an essential reference companion to your Raspberry Pi.
Full of practical and engaging content designed to expand and build upon your existing skills as you work through individual recipes, any computer novice can quickly learn how to become a Raspberry Pi expert without any programming knowledge required. The Raspberry Pi Networking Cookbook will allow you to revolutionize how you use technology on a daily basis, ranging from sharing your media across multiple devices to deploying your very own web portal, or even accessing your desktop remotely.
What you will learn from this book
- Get started with the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Discover how to configure and secure your Raspberry Pi device.
- Enable remote access both to and from other computers.
- Use your Raspberry Pi to securely share your documents and files.
- Learn how to deploy a web server capable of serving your own content.
- Build your own wireless access point and even a firewall.
Written in an accessible yet practical manner, the "Raspberry Pi Networking Cookbook" is the perfect companion guide for the ARM GNU/Linux box. From the moment you get your hands on your Raspberry Pi you can start to build your understanding with our specially selected collection of recipes.
Who this book is written for
This book is for anybody who wants to learn how they can utilize the Raspberry Pi to its full potential without having to immediately dive into programming. It's full of step-by-step instructions and detailed descriptions in language that is appropriate for computer enthusiasts and experts alike.