Discover how to upgrade your existing website to the latest HTML5 and CSS3 standards
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Learn how to upgrade existing websites to HTML5 & CSS3 without changing appearance
- Improve browser and mobile devices support for websites.
- Reduce the size of web pages by using the latest HTML5 elements and CSS3 features for faster, more-efficient websites.
- Make smarter websites with Local Storage, Web Sockets, Canvas for Rich Internet Applications (RIA), and natively supported Audio and Video.
- Explained with code based examples for each of the key topics.
Written for designers and developers alike, this book guides you with code-based examples of HTML5 and CSS3 to upgrade a web page from old HTML or XHTML to the new web standards from W3C.
"Instant Migration to HTML5 and CSS3 How-to" helps developers or designers with existing knowledge of HTML or XHTML to update each section of a web page to HTML5. This book helps you to reduce the file size of a web page and add semantics to the content structure.
This book is written with the clear aim to help you take one web page at a time and transform it without changing the overall design or appearance. By reducing the existing practice of lengthy coding to semantically correct, new HTML5 elements, this book makes your websites efficient and easier to maintain in the future.
New elements such as headers, articles, or footers are explained in simple examples. You also learn about media queries for a seamless multi-device website experience and advanced features such as WebSockets, Local Storage, and Canvas for Rich Internet Applications (RIA).
The book explains how you can use CSS3 to reduce the number of images with rounded corners, drop shadows, and external fonts. You will also discover all about Audio and Video support in HTML5 with file format support for various browsers as well as Microformats and their role in making the data accessible and smart.
Overall, "Instant Migration to HTML5 and CSS3 How-to" provides solutions that will help you leverage the power of HTML5 and CSS3 with existing content.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn how to transform existing HTML or XHTML web pages to HTML5.
- Write semantically correct and smaller documents with HTML5.
- Reduce server load whilst utilising the latest CSS3 features such as rounded corners, gradients, shadows, and external web fonts.
- Discover how to integrate audio and video files in a web page without depending on third party plugins.
- Develop websites with seamless experience for visitors from various devices, browsers, or screen resolutions.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. Written as a practical guide, "Instant Migration to HTML5 and CSS3 How-to" will show you all you need to know to effectively publish content that adheres to the latest web standards.