Build a Game with UDK
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-04-20
- 售價: $1,310
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,245
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 156
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1849695806
- ISBN-13: 9781849695800
Get started with the Unreal Development Kit and make your very first game!
- Make games using the Unreal Development Kit
- Design and create worlds
- Learn to use powerful tools that are currently being used in the industry
- Control gameplay with accessible scripting
Many of the most popular games are built using toolkits comparable to UDK. Unreal Development Kit tools can help anyone take the ideas in their head and make them into a fully realized, playable world.
Build a Game with UDK is an introduction to the tools of the kit. From knowing about them, to creating virtual worlds, this book will teach you how to use the tools in making an enticing game.
You will learn how to build a world using the extensive art assets provided to you as part of UDK, and we’ll also look at creating a virtual world! Once we're done building, we’ll populate it with features that bring life to your game. If you’re looking to learn how to use professional level tools for making your own games, then this book is for you.
What you will learn from this book
- Familiarize yourself with the development environment used by many professional game studios
- Mould a world using a powerful terrain editing tool
- Learn how to build buildings and interiors
- Get to grips with the basics of making particle-based special effects
- Make suitable soundscapes using some versatile sound editing tools
- Design and create gameplay events to occur within your world using the visual scripting environment, Kismet
- Create cutscenes using Matinee
- Utilize Unreal's physics engine to create interesting in-game effects
A step-by-step tutorial to create an astounding game using the tools provided by UDK.
Who this book is written for
This book is intended for people who aim to make an amazing virtual game with UDK. The goal of this book to give users a chance to expand their knowledge and create exciting games using the tools available.