A jump start to quickly learn how to program iOS applications with the elegance and simplicity of Ruby
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Learn the structure of iPhone and iPad applications
- Discover how to simplify iOS apps with Ruby
- Get to grips with how to leverage Ruby libraries to quickly and efficiently write apps!
Countless companies are turning towards RubyMotion to now write these amazing applications with tests, clarity, reusability, and simplicity! Begin writing your own iPhone/iPad application with this amazing programming language and see the benefits for yourself.
Instant RubyMotion App Development Starter will show you how to write your first RubyMotion App and give you a full tour of the process. As you write your first iPhone/iPad application, this book will help you learn the tricks that separate RubyMotion applications from all the others. You’ll join the army of developers who are leading the cutting edge of amazing RubyMotion applications.
Instant RubyMotion App Development Starter begins by giving you a deep rooted understanding of the origins of RubyMotion and Objective-C. By seeing exactly how these two languages have grown together, you can apply this understanding to a strong foundation.
Instant RubyMotion App Development Starter then guides you through a step-by-step, test-driven development of your first application. You’ll learn the Cocoa framework and see the underlined workflow of proper RubyMotion development. Lastly, you will learn how to implement the unique characteristics of Ruby libraries in your skeleton application. You’re then guided to explore the other libraries and resources that will aid you in rapid and effective development.
What you will learn from this book
- Install and set up the RubyMotion environment
- Choose an editor or IDE to maximize your development nest
- Review and supply an understanding of the framework structure to begin developing within Cocoa
- Use fundamental test-driven development practices to keep your applications working on any scale
- Cultivate an understanding of debugging features that are unique to RubyMotion
- Implement and leverage software libraries that add clarity and speed to your development
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. This book is a practical, task-based, step-by-step tutorial that will get you started with using RubyMotion to quickly and efficiently write iOS apps.
Who this book is written for
To make the most of this book, you should understand the basics of programming concepts and have a basic understanding of a language similar to Ruby. If you are an Objective-C programmer, you’ll learn the advantages of RubyMotion which can access the benefits of Cocoapods, but takes everything a step further with RubyGems. If you’re a Ruby programmer you’ll learn the inner workings of the Cocoa framework and find out how to effectively bring your skill set into mobile development.