Instant RESS Implementation How-to
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-03-26
- 售價: $839
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $797
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 58
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1849696926
- ISBN-13: 9781849696920
Take your responsive websites to the next level with server-side components
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Build a dynamic website that reacts according to the device
- Learn how to use WURFL for device detection
- Use PHP to load certain pieces of the site based on the user’s device.
The web design industry has changed dramatically in the last year. Everything that was common practice before is now outdated and everyone is clambering to keep up. Get ahead of the curve with the future of responsive web design, RESS. Responsive Web design with Server Side components gives you the best of both worlds.
Instant RESS implementation How-to is an introduction to using server-side languages such as PHP to build a website that can easily adapt to whatever device the user visits your site with. You will no longer need a specific mobile site. RESS means saying goodbye to .m and .mobi forever.
Instant RESS implementation How-to will teach you everything you need to get started with RESS and start on the journey to becoming a better web developer. It looks at a new way to build mobile websites that can still have the look and functionality of a normal website.
You will learn how to use PHP along with Modernizr and WURFL to build dynamic websites that deliver different content dependent on the devices being used.
If you want a website that is truly ahead of the curve, then this is the book for you.
What you will learn from this book
- Check for features such as Geolocation and Web Storage support.
- Learn about ScientiaMobile’s new cloud based WURFL library
- Use WURFL to check for iOS devices and display a banner for a iPhone/iPad app
- Discover how mixing PHP and CSS can change the layout of a website
- Learn how you can make device specific web forms that look great no matter how they are viewed.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks .Written with developers in mind this guide will show you how to make use of RESS using easy to follow examples and step by step solutions.
Who this book is written for