Instant Google Compute Engine
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-09-23
- 售價: $962
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $914
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 60
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1849697000
- ISBN-13: 9781849697002
A quick guide to managing and operating your personal Cloud infrastructure using Google Compute Engine
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Learn how to use Google Compute Engine for your own projects
- Quickly get started using virtual machines on Google Compute Engine
- Understand the fundamental building blocks of Google Compute Engine
- Build resilient applications on top of Google Compute Engine
- Get to know the community around Google Compute Engine
Google Compute Engine allows developers and administrators to provision new machines for development, testing, quality assurance, and production in an on-the- spot manner, without having to host hardware. Google Compute Engine is quite powerful and used in the right way, and it can provide services to a large customer base, at a modest and controllable investment.
"Instant Google Compute Engine" is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with the necessary background to operate a Cloud infrastructure in a cost-efficient way. With this book, you will learn how to utilize the power of one of the largest Infrastructure-as-a-Service providers. You will learn everything you need to know to deliver your service offering on top of Cloud technology, at a high quality and with low cost.
This book looks at the fundamentals of Google Compute Engine. It will teach you about the background of Cloud computing and will get you started with preparing your computer to use Google Compute Engine. It will then walk you through an example project in a hands-on manner.
You will also learn how to use and integrate the various building blocks Google Compute Engine provides its users. You will look at compute nodes and network management within your Google Compute Engine infrastructure as well as how to take advantage of the global storage platform to securely and efficiently distribute your data and how to build fault-tolerant services for your business on top of this. If you want to take advantage of Infrastructure-as-a-Service within the Google services, then this book is for you.
You will learn everything you need to run your business on Google Compute Engine, build and scale your infrastructure, and make the most out of Cloud computing.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn how to set up a project within Google Compute Engine
- Manage virtual machines from the command line and the Web UI
- Set up and secure your network
- Attach disks to your machines and take snapshots
- Handle ephemeral and persistent data
- Migrate within the Google infrastructure
- Use regions and zones
- Build fault-tolerant applications within Google Compute Engine
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. This book is a step-by-step guide to installing and using Google Compute Engine.