Practical recipes to learn the Kendo UI Mobile library and its various components for building mobile applications effectively
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Understand the various components on the Kendo UI Mobile application framework
- Learn to use the various widgets in the Kendo UI Mobile library that will help you build a mobile application rapidly
- Build applications that provide native look and feel without having to maintain a separate code base
The Kendo UI Mobile library is a one stop solution to build mobile applications rapidly. It comes with several built-in widgets that enable application developers to build intuitive applications for small screen devices. It also provides more control to these developers by providing various components that can be extended or configured to match their needs.
This guide introduces the user to the Kendo UI Mobile library and provides a step-by-step approach to creating your first mobile application. It then introduces you to several components and provides solutions to some of the common use cases you may encounter in your development.
The Kendo UI Mobile library is composed of two parts – the aplication framework and a set of widgets. The aplication framework focuses on configuring the application, handling various touch-based events, rendering on different devices to provide a native look and feel, and transitioning from one view to the other. The widget library contains several widgets that enable you to build applications more rapidly than ever before.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn to build your first mobile application using the Kendo UI Mobile framework
- Explore the various framework components and extend these to suit your needs
- Understand the various ways in which the mobile application can be configured
- Handle touch-based events such as tap, double-tap, swipe, and also dragging an element across the screen
- Make use of the framework and the widgets to build real world applications
- Understand how the Kendo UI Mobile framework renders a native look and feel on different types of devices
- Get to grips with how the Kendo UI Mobile framework handles layout orientation automatically
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Written as practical recipes, Instant Kendo UI Mobile How-to will show you all you need to know to build your first mobile application utilizing the Kendo UI Mobile framework and its components.
Who this book is written for