- Apply textures and lighting to game scenarios
- Load rigged 3D models and Skeletal Animations
- Add Physics Engines to WebGL games
This book begins with collecting coins in Super Mario, killing soldiers in Contra, and then quickly evolves to working out strategies in World of Warcraft. You will be guided through creating animated characters, image processing, and adding effects as part of the web page canvas to the 2D/3D graphics. Pour life into your gaming characters and learn how to create special effects seen in the most powerful 3D games. Each chapter begins by showing you the underlying mathematics and its programmatic implementation, ending with the creation of a complete game scene to build a wonderful virtual world.
What you will learn from this book
- Load 3D objects exported from Blender using WebGL
- Understand texture mapping and apply textures to 3D objects
- Add lights and a camera to a WebGL scene
- Create simple object animations utilizing matrix transformations
- Fiddle with complex object animations such as skeletal animations
- Get to grips with user interaction and picking
- Build multiplayer games in WebGL
- Handle difficult concepts such as animating skinned models using matrix transformations, quaternion mathematics, and linear interpolation
- Apply physics engine to your WebGL game
This book is set-by-step, example-based tutorial that provides details on gaming logic using Web GL.
Who this book is written for