Database Programming with Visual Basic.NET
Although Database Programming with Visual Basic .NET can be used as a reference book - thanks to its many listings and tables, it's really intended to be a book that any serious VB programmer who needs to do database programming should read cover-to-cover.
- Step-by-step coverage of everything you ever wanted to know about ADO.NET.
- Covers relational databases, Active Directory (LDAP) access, and MessageQueue.
- This book is all you need to get started with data access in VB .NET. It is also a reference guide for later use.
- Chapter 1: A Lightning Quick Introduction to VB.NET.
- Chapter 2: Talking To Databases
- Chapter 3: Presenting ADO.NET
- Chapter 4: Presenting The IDE from a Database View Point
- Chapter 5: Error Handling
- Chapter 6: Using Stored Procedures, Triggers And Views
- Chapter 7: Hierarchical Databases
- Chapter 8: MessageQueues
- Chapter 9: Data Wrappers
- Chapter 10: Data Bound Controls
- Chapter 11: UserMan