Wireless Web Development with PHP and WAP
Wireless Web Development with PHP and WAP is a brilliant complement to Rischpater’s first textbook, Wireless Web Development (Apress, 2000), melding those languages used to communicate over the wireless Web with one of the most powerful Web languages to date: PHP. Rischpater delves into those issues not only most relevant, but also mystifying, to the beginning and intermediate wireless application developer, using concise and practical examples to ensure that the reader can quickly begin using the knowledge gleaned from his book.
- Author is an industry veteran, with experience with some of the wireless industry’s most respected organizations.
- Provides PHP programmers with the opportunity to quickly use what they already know to create wireless applications.
- Concise, applicable examples make it possible for readers to quickly adapt the information discussed within the book to their own projects.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Fundamentals of Wireless Development
- Chapter 2: The Wireless Application Protocol and Wireless Markup Language
- Chapter 3: PHP: Hypertext Processor
- Chapter 4: WMLScript
- Chapter 5: MySQL
- Chapter 6: Content Delivery: To Pull or Push?
- Chapter 7: Making It Work: Testing and Debugging
- Chapter 8: Graphics
- Chapter 9: Client Independence
- WAP Specifications
- Client-Side Tools
- Server-Side Tools