Flash XML StudioLab (Paperback)
Ian Tindale, James Rowley, Paul McDonald
- 出版商: friendsofED
- 出版日期: 2001-08-31
- 售價: $99
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 500
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 190345039X
- ISBN-13: 9781903450390
XML is everywhere at the moment. It provides a versatile, cross-platform way
of describing data. It is the way in which the information of the future will be
stored. However, by itself, XML looks dull. It needs dressing up in diamonds and
pearls to bring it to life. And how?
Flash is a visual feast, providing a fantastic way of interacting with web sites. It's the optimum format for presentation over the web. XML is the best way of storing the data that drives the Internet, for delivering a main feature and not just a sideshow. Mix them together and they create dynamite results.
This book assumes no prior knowledge of XML, though it is aimed at someone who is familiar with Flash and ActionScript, and covers all the information you'll need to perform the marriage of XML with Flash, such as:
- XML from scratch - the info you need
- How to incorporate XML content into your Flash applications
- Taking it further - XML as a living, breathing data source
Build up your knowledge via the comprehensive case study
that runs through the book as it gains complexity and power.
Who is this book for?
- Flash designers, with little or no knowledge of XML, interested in enhancing the dynamic integration of their sites
- Programmer-phobic designers who realize they need to improve their programming skills