Learning VirtualDub: The complete guide to capturing, processing and encoding digital video (Paperback)
Sohail Salehi, Georgios Diamantopoulos, John Beuchler
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2005-02-24
- 定價: $1,520
- 售價: 8.7 折 $1,329
- 貴賓價: 8.3 折 $1,263
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 212
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1904811353
- ISBN-13: 9781904811350
- This book is available as a free download, scroll down for more information
- Capture and process broadcast, digital, home, streaming video
- Cut, paste and edit ads, trailers, clips
- Demos and walkthroughs of processing sample videos
- Written by video and VirtualDub enthusiasts and experts
VirtualDub is one of the most popular video processing applications for Windows. As an open source application, it's free, and is constantly updated and expanded by an active community of developers and experts. VirtualDub is particularly popular for capturing video from analogue sources such as video tape, cleaning up the image and compressing it ready for distribution over the Internet.
This book provides a rapid and easy to use tutorial to the basic features of VirtualDub to get you up and running quickly. It explains how to capture great quality video from various sources, use filters to clean up the captured image and add special effects. The book also shows how to use VirtualDub to cut and paste video to remove or insert sequences, including removing ad breaks or trailers. It goes on to cover the art of effective encoding and compression, so you end up with great quality videos that won't hog your bandwidth forever.
VirtualDub is the fastest and most effective way to capture, process and encode video on your PC. This book gets you started fast, and goes on to give you full control of all the features of this legendary tool.
What you will learn from this book?
- Capturing high quality video from a variety of sources
- Using filters to clean the image to give crisp, high quality images
- Adding special effects and adjusting colour levels
- Removing unwanted segments from videos, or combining several snippets into a single movie
- Adding subtitles and captions
- Get rid of unwanted sections such as on-screen logos and crop out unnecessary parts of the screen
- Compressing your video for distribution without compromising on picture and sound quality
This book is easy to read and fun. The examples and tutorials are short, focused and interesting. You can dip in and get what you want fast.
Who this book is written for?
This book is written by VirtualDub enthusiasts for new and intermediate users. It's ideal if you are just starting with video processing and want a powerful and free tool, or if you've already started with VirtualDub and want to take it further.