Hack Proofing Your E-Commerce Site
L. Brent Huston, Teri Bidwell, Ryan Russell, Robin Walshaw, Oliver Steudler
The Complete Guide to Implementing a Secure E-Commerce Site
Security in the virtual world of the Internet is even more confusing than in the real world. Vendors and free products abound, but according to experts, the Internet world is becoming more dangerous every day. How can that be? How can all these solutions from so many directions not solve even basic problems? The answer is not simple because the problems are so complex. Security is difficult to create and maintain. Security is messy.
1. Stop hackers by thinking like one. Master the steps to hack your own Web site and anticipate various types of attacks.
2. Protect the privacy of the consumer. Learn the steps to design and implement a great security policy that protects your customers.
3. Understand the basics of secure Web site design. Read about choosing a secure Web server, writing secure code, and programming secure scripts.
4. Implement a secure e-commerce Web site. Master security zones, firewalls, intrusion detection, and system monitoring.
5. Understand Internet-based payment card systems. Now you'll understand commercial payment solutions, virtual POS implementations, e-commerce cryptography, and more!
6. Use disaster recovery planning techniques. Set up secure information back up and restoration and understand your insurance options.
7. Master incident response techniques. Establish an Incident Response Team (IRT), set the prosecution boundaries, and establish an Incident Response Process.
8. Gain confidence with security vendors. Follow the steps to hire a penetration testing team, outsource site design, and other vendor-related site implementations.
9. Learn about Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Attacks. See why e-commerce sites are prime targets for DDoS and learn what motivates an attacker to damage companies.
10. Register for your 1-year upgrade.
The Syngress Solutions upgrade plan protects you from content obsolescence and provides monthly mailings, whitepapers, and more!