WatchKit by Tutorials: Updated for Swift 1.2: Making Apple Watch Apps with Swift (Paperback)
Ryan Nystrom, Scott Atkinson, Soheil Azarpour, Matthew Morey, Ben Morrow, Audrey Tam, Jack Wu
Updated for Swift 1.2.
Make Apple Watch Apps with Swift! Learn how to make apps for the Apple Watch, using Apple's WatchKit framework. In this book, you'll learn WatchKit the quick and easy way: through a series of fun and easy-to-read tutorials.
Who this Book is For: This book is for intermediate to advanced developers, who already know the basics of iOS and Swift development but want to learn how to use WatchKit to develop hybrid apps, Glances, and notifications for the Apple Watch.
Topics Covered in WatchKit by Tutorials:
- Architecture: WatchKit apps have a very interesting architecture; learn how it works!
- UI Controls: Learn about the WatchKit-UI controls, such as labels, buttons, switches, and more.
- Layout: Learn how WatchKit layout works and how to support different watch screen sizes.
- Navigation: Learn about the three styles of navigation you can use in your WatchKit apps.
- Sharing Data: Learn how to share data such as files or a Core Data persistent store.
- Glances: Give your users a quick preview of your app’s content on their Apple Watch.
- Notifications: Learn how to set up local and remote notifications displayed by the Apple Watch.
- Image Caching and Animation: Learn how to generate and work with image-based animations.
- And much more, including: Tables, context menus, Handoff, iCloud, performance, and more!.
One thing you can count on: after reading this book you'll have all the experience necessary to build rich and engaging apps for Apple's new Apple Watch platform.