Biobehavioral Markers in Risk and Resilience Research
Harrist, Amanda W., Gardner, Brandt C.
- 出版商: Springer
- 出版日期: 2019-04-04
- 售價: $4,350
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $4,133
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 161
- 裝訂: Hardcover - also called cloth, retail trade, or trade
- ISBN: 3030059510
- ISBN-13: 9783030059514
Among the topics covered:
- The immune system as a sensor and regulator of stress: implications in human development and disease
- The psychobiology of family dynamics: bidirectional relationships with adrenocortical attunement
- Intergenerational transmission of poverty: how low socioeconomic status impacts the neurobiology of two generations
- The influence of teacher-child relationships on preschool children's cortisol levels
- Challenges and strategies for integrating molecular genetics into behavioral science
Besides its worth to researchers and practitioners studying and working with families at risk, Biobehavioral Markers in Risk and Resilience Research also has utility as a training text, offering a highly accessible presentation and discussion questions suited to classroom use.
Amanda W. Harrist received her Ph.D. in Child and Family Studies from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. She is currently a Professor of Human Development and Family Science at Oklahoma State University, where she is also Associate Director for Education and Translation at the Center for Family Resilience and Core Director, Human & Community Research Training Core for the Center for Integrative Research on Childhood Adversity. Her research is focused on understanding psychosocial risk and protective processes in children's social contexts, particularly the parent-child relationship and peer relations at school.
Brandt C. Gardner received his Ph.D. in Marriage & Family Therapy from Texas Tech University. He is currently an Associate Professor of Human Development and Family Science at Oklahoma State University. He spends the majority of his professional time teaching about and studying communication processes and interaction dynamics in marital and couple relationships.