Advances in Rebt: Theory, Practice, Research, Measurement, Prevention and Promotion
Bernard, Michael E., Dryden, Windy
- 出版商: Springer
- 出版日期: 2019-04-10
- 售價: $5,340
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $5,073
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 391
- 裝訂: Hardcover - also called cloth, retail trade, or trade
- ISBN: 3319931172
- ISBN-13: 9783319931173
This authoritative volume commemorates six decades of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy by assembling its current state of theory, practice, and research. Bedrock chapters on defining features, assessment and measurement, and empirical findings place REBT squarely in the cognitive-behavioral landscape, reinforcing its status as a significant therapeutic approach. The book's palette of applications shows the flexibility and effectiveness of REBT in school, workplace, and other settings, with worried parents and "stuck" athletes, and as a foundation for brief interventions. And the survey of guiding principles and the evolution of the method by REBT founder Albert Ellis is a testament to its enduring clinical value.
Included in the coverage:
- A comparison of REBT with other cognitive behavior therapies.
- The measurement of irrationality and rationality.- Empirical Research in REBT theory and practice.
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy and the working alliance.
- Brief interventions in Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy.- REBT and positive psychology.
- Rational emotive behavior education in schools.
Advances in REBT will be welcomed as a definitive reference across the REBT community: frontline clinicians, novices, trainees, students, and researchers. Seasoned practitioners looking to incorporate REBT into their repertoires will find it immensely helpful.