Titanium and Titanium Alloys : Fundamentals and Applications
Christoph Leyens, Manfred Peters
- 出版商: Wiley-VCH
- 出版日期: 2003-09-19
- 售價: $12,783
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $12,144
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 532
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 3527305343
- ISBN-13: 9783527305346
Titanium alloys are well known as materials for the aerospace industry already since the 1940s. Nowadays, due to their superior properties- high specific strength, excellent corrosion resistance – they find increasing applications in chemical engineering, for body implants like hip replacements on in the off-shore industry, energy or automotive industry. Not to forget the increasing demand of the sports and consumer goods industry, e.g. for golf clubs, bicycles or jewelry, that make titanium a part of our everyday life already.
This handbook is an excellent reference for materials scientists and engineers that need to get more knowledge about the development, processing and application of titanium and titanium alloys. Following some introductory chapters about the fundamental materials properties of titanium the reader finds thorough descriptions of the development, processing and properties of modern titanium alloys. Furthermore, applications of titanium and its alloys in aerospace, medicine, energy and automotive technology are discussed in detail.
Table of Contents:
List of Contributors.
1. Structure and Properties of Titanium and Titanium Alloys (M. Peters, et al.).
2. Beta Titanium Alloys (G. Terlinde and G. Fischer).
3. Orthorhombic Titanium Aluminides: Intermetallic with Improved Damage Tolerance (J. Kumpfert and C. Leyens).
4. γ–Titanium Aluminide Alloys: Alloy Design and Properties (F. Appel and M. Oehring).
5. Fatigue of Titanium Alloys (L. Wagner and J.K. Bigoney).
6. Oxidation and Protection of Titanium Alloys and Titanium Aluminides (C. Leyens).
7. Titanium and Titanium Alloys – From Raw material to Semi-finished Products (H. Sibum).
8. Fabrication of Titanium Alloys (M. Peters and C. Leyens).
9. Investment Casting of Titanium (H.–P. Nicolai and Chr. Liesner).
10. Superplastic Forming and Diffusion Bonding of Titanium and Titanium Alloys (W. Beck).
11. Forging of Titanium (G. Terlinde, et al.).
12. Continuous Fiber Reinforced Titanium matrix Composites: Fabrication, Properties and Applications (C. Leyens, et al.).
13. Titanium Alloys for Aerospace Applications (M. Peters, et al.).
14. Production, Processing and Application of γ(TiAl)-Based Alloys (H. Kestler and H. Clemens).
15. Non-Aerospace Applications of Titanium and Titanium Alloys (M. Peters and C. Leyens).
16. Titanium and its Alloys for Medical Applications (J. Breme, et al.).
17. Titanium in Dentistry (J. Lindigkeit).
18. Titanium in Automotive Production (O. Schauerte).
19. Offshore Applications for Titanium Alloys (L. Lunde and M. Seiersten).