Nanoelectronics and Information Technology, 2/e
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2005-05-09
- 售價: $4,810
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $4,570
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 995
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 3527405429
- ISBN-13: 9783527405428
Providing an introduction to electronic materials and device concepts for the major areas of current and future information technology, the value of this book lies in its focus on the underlying principles. Illustrated by contemporary examples, these basic principles will hold, despite the rapid developments in this field, especially emphasizing nanoelectronics.
There is hardly any field where the links between basic
science and application are tighter than in nanoelectronics & information technology. As an example, the design of resonant tunneling transistors, single electron devices or molecular electronic structures is simply inconceivable without delving deep into quantum mechanics.
This textbook is primarily aimed at students of physics,
electrical engineering and information technology, as well as material science in their 3rd year and higher. It is equally of interest to professionals wanting a broader overview of this hot topic.
"Nanoelectronics and Information Technology" by Rainer Waser and his colleagues is an outstanding compendium of
information about an exciting new field. Owing to its high quality and complete coverage of the many topics in this area, this well referenced book will have a long and very useful life as a primary text for students experienced and new in nanoelectronics. It is a very impressive book." (Richard Siegel)
Table of Contents:
PART I: FUNDAMENTALS.
3. Electronic Properties and Quantum Effects.
4. Magnetoelectronics-Magnetism and Magnetotransport in Layered Structures.
5. Organic Molecules-Electronic Structures, Properties, and Reactions.
6. Neurons-The Molecular Basis of their Electrical Excitability.
7. Circuit and System Design.
PART II: TECHNOLOGY AND ANALYSIS.
8. Film Deposition Methods.
10. Material Removing Techniques-Etching and Chemical Mechanical Polishing.
11. Analysis by Diffraction and Fluorescence Methods.
12. Scanning Probe Techniques.
PART III: LOGIC DEVICES.
13. Silicon MOSFETs-Novel Materials and Alternative Concepts.
14. Ferroelectric Field Effect Transistors.
15. Quantum Transport Devices Based on Resonant Tunneling.
16. Single-Electron Devices for Logic Applications.
17. Superconductor Digital Electronics.
18. Quantum Computing Using Superconductors.
19. Carbon Nanotubes for Data Processing.
20. Molecular Electronics.
PART IV: RANDOM ACCESS MEMORIES.
21. High-Permittivity Materials for DRAMs.
22. Ferroelectric Random Access Memories.
23. Magnetoresistive RAM.
PART V: MASS STORAGE DEVICES.
24. Hard Discs.
25. Magneto-Optical Discs.
26. Rewriteable DVD based on Phase Change Materials.
27. Holographic Data Storage.
28. AFM-based Mass Storage-The Millipede Concepts.
PART VI: DATA TRANSMISSION AND INTERFACES.
29. Transmission on Chip and Board Level.
30. Photonic Networks.
31. Microwave Communication Systems-Novel Approaches for Passive Devices.
32. Neuroelectronic Interfacing: Semiconductor Chips with Ion Channels, Nerve Cells, and Brain.
PART VII: SENSOR ARRAYS AND IMAGING SYSTEMS.
33. Optical 3-D Time-of-Flight Imaging System.
34. Pyroelectric Detector Arrays for IR Imaging.
35. Electronic Noses.
36. 2-D Tactile Sensors and Tactile Sensor Arrays.
PART VIII: DISPLAYS.
37. Liquid Crystal Displays.
38. Organic Light Emitting Devices.
39. Field-Emission and Plasma Displays.
40. Electronic Paper.