Physics for Scientists and Engineers & with Modern Physics, 10/e (Paperback) *(套書封膜不分售)*
Raymond A. Serway , John W. Jewett
- PROBLEM SOLVING STRATEGY. Outlined early in the text, a General Problem Solving Strategy provides a series of steps similar to those professional physicists use. This problem-solving strategy is revisited in each Worked Example, so students approach problems consistently, developing stronger skills. Providing further reinforcement, Problem-Solving Strategy boxes offer additional tips for tackling specific types of situations.
- WORKED EXAMPLES. A signature feature of the text, Worked Examples are presented in a visually appealing two-column format, providing conceptual explanations next to the math for every step. The examples follow the authors' proven General Problem Solving Strategy to reinforce good habits. About one-third of the worked examples include "What If?" extensions that further reinforce conceptual understanding. Solutions are presented symbolically as much as possible with numbers substituted in at the last possible moment to help students think symbolically when they solve problems.
- HALLMARK PROBLEM SETS. An extensive set of problems is included at the end of each chapter, and answers to odd-numbered problems are provided at the end of the book. Organized by chapter sections, problems "platform" students to higher-order thinking by presenting all the straightforward (black) problems in the section first, followed by intermediate (blue) problems. The "Additional Problems" section contains problems that span more than one section of the chapter, and the "Challenging Problems" section gathers the chapter's toughest problems in one place.
Part I: MECHANICS.
1. Physics and Measurement.
2. Motion in One Dimension.
4. Motion in Two Dimensions.
5. The Laws of Motion.
6. Circular Motion and Other Applications of Newton's Laws.
7. Energy of a System.
8. Conservation of Energy.
9. Linear Momentum and Collisions.
10. Rotation of a Rigid Object About a Fixed Axis.
11. Angular Momentum.
12. Static Equilibrium and Elasticity.
13. Universal Gravitation.
14. Fluid Mechanics.
Part II: OSCILLATIONS AND MECHANICAL WAVES.
15. Oscillatory Motion.
16. Wave Motion.
17. Superposition and Standing Waves.
Part III: THERMODYNAMICS.
19. Heat and the First Law of Thermodynamics.
20. The Kinetic Theory of Gases.
21. Heat Engines, Entropy, and the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
Part IV: ELECTRICITY AND MAGNETISM.
22. Electric Fields.
23. Continuous Charge Distributions and Gauss's Law.
24. Electric Potential.
25. Capacitance and Dielectrics.
26. Current and Resistance.
27. Direct Current Circuits.
28. Magnetic Fields.
29. Sources of the Magnetic Field.
30. Faraday's Law.
32. Alternating Current Circuits.
33. Electromagnetic Waves.
Part V: LIGHT AND OPTICS.
34. The Nature of Light and the Laws of Geometric Optics.
35. Image Formation.
36. Interference of Light Waves.
37. Diffraction Patterns and Polarization.
Part VI: MODERN PHYSICS.
39. Introduction to Quantum Physics.
40. Quantum Mechanics.
41. Atomic Physics.
42. Molecules and Solids.
43. Nuclear Physics.
44. Particle Physics and Cosmology.
B. Mathematics Review.
C. Periodic Table of the Elements.
D. SI Units.
Answers to Quick Quizzes and Odd-Numbered Problems.