Numerical Methods for Engineers, 7/e (IE-Paperback)
Raymond P Canale (author) Steven C Chapra (author)
- 出版商: McGraw-Hill Education
- 出版日期: 2016-01-16
- 售價: $1,200
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,140
- 語言: 英文
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 9814670871
- ISBN-13: 9789814670876
The seventh edition of Chapra and Canale's Numerical Methods for Engineers retains the instructional techniques that have made the text so successful. Chapra and Canale's unique approach opens each part of the text with sections called “Motivation,“ “Mathematical Background,” and “Orientation” Each part closes with an “Epilogue” containing “Trade-Offs,” “Important Relationships and Formulas,” and “Advanced Methods and Additional References.” Much more than a summary, the Epilogue deepens understanding of what has been learned and provides a peek into more advanced methods. Helpful separate Appendices. “Getting Started with MATLAB” and “Getting Started with Mathcad” which make excellent references.
Numerous new or revised problems are drawn from actual engineering practice. The expanded breadth of engineering disciplines covered is especially evident in these exercises, which now cover such areas as biotechnology and biomedical engineering. Excellent new examples and case studies span all areas of engineering giving students a broad exposure to various fields in engineering.
Users will find use of files for many popular software packages, specifically MATLAB®, Excel® with VBA, and Mathcad®. There is also material on developing MATLAB® m-files and VBA macros.
- McGraw-Hill is proud to offer Connect with the seventh edition of Chapra's, Numerical Methods for Engineers. This innovative and powerful system helps your students learn more efficiently and gives you the ability to assign homework problems simply and easily. Problems are graded automatically, and the results are recorded immediately. Track individual student performance - by question, assignment, or in relation to the class overall with detailed grade reports. ConnectPlus provides students with all the advantages of Connect, plus 24/7 access to an eBook.
- LearnSmart™ an intelligent learning system that uses a series of probing questions to pinpoint each student's knowledge gaps. LearnSmart strengthens student understanding and retention of your course's fundamental concepts; effectively preparing your students for class so you can review less and teach more. The LearnSmart methodology is simple: determine the concepts students don't know or understand, and then teach those concepts using personalised plans designed for each student's success.
- Clear Explanations and Elegantly Rendered Examples are central to the reputation of Chapra and Canale's Numerical Methods for Engineers.
- Challenging Problems are drawn from all engineering disciplines and included in the excercise sets and examples.
- A Companion Websitehouses the Instructor's Solutions Manual, PowerPoint slides of all text figures, M-Files, general information and more!
- Numerous New and Revised Problems drawn from actual engineering practice as well as exciting new areas such as bioengineering and biotechnology are included in this edition.
- Money Saving eBook is available. To purchase an electronic eBook version of this title, visit www.CourseSmart.com (ISBN 9780077492144). With the CourseSmart e Textbook version of this title, students can save money, reduce their impact on the environment, and access powerful web tools for learning. Faculty can also review and compare the full text online without having to wait for a print desk copy.
Part 1 Modeling, Computers, and Error Analysis
1 Mathematical Modeling and Engineering Problem Solving
2 Programming and Software
3 Approximations and Round-Off Errors
4 Truncation Errors and the Taylor Series
Part 2 Roots of Equations
5 Bracketing Methods
6 Open Methods
7 Roots of Polynomials
8 Case Studies: Roots of Equations
Part 3 Linear Algebraic Equations
9 Gauss Elimination
10 LU Decomposition and Matrix Inversion
11 Special Matrices and Gauss-Seidel
12 Case Studies: Linear Algebraic Equations
Part 4 Optimization
13 One-Dimensional Unconstrained Optimization
14 Multidimensional Unconstrained Optimization
15 Constrained Optimization
16 Case Studies: Optimization
Part 5 Curve Fitting
17 Least-Squares Regression
19 Fourier Approximation
20 Case Studies: Curve Fitting
Part 6 Numerical Differentiation and Integration
21 Newton-Cotes Integration Formulas
22 Integration of Equations
23 Numerical Differentiation
24 Case Studies: Numerical Integration and Differentiation
Part 7 Ordinary Differential Equations
25 Runge-Kutta Methods
26 Stiffness and Multistep Methods
27 Boundary-Value and Eigenvalue Problems
28 Case Studies: Ordinary Differential Equations
Part 8 Partial Differential Equations
29 Finite Difference: Elliptic Equations
30 Finite Difference: Parabolic Equations
31 Finite-Element Method
32 Case Studies: Partial Differential Equations
Appendix A The Fourier Series
Appendix B Getting Started with Matlab
Appendix C Getting Starte dwith Mathcad