Albright/Winston's popular BUSINESS ANALYTICS: DATA ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING, 7E helps readers master data analysis, modeling and spreadsheet use. With a focus on quantitative methods, the authors provide specific tools and skills to succeed while using a proven teach-by-example approach and inviting presentation. This edition integrates the latest version of Excel but offers the flexibility to use earlier versions of Excel. This edition's approach is more data-oriented than ever before with a new chapter covering the two primary Power BI tools in Excel and a section on data visualization with Tableau Public. Current problems, cases and examples emphasize relevance. MindTap online resources and a Companion Website with data and solutions files, SolverTable and Palisade DecisionTools Suite are also available.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Business Analytics.
Part 1: DATA ANALYSIS.
2. Describing the Distribution of a Variable.
3. Finding Relationships among Variables.
4. Business Intelligence (BI) Tools for Data Analysis.
Part 2: PROBABILITY AND DECISION MAKING UNDER UNCERTAINTY.
5.Probability and Probability Distributions
6. Decision Making under Uncertainty.
Part 3: STATISTICAL INFERENCE.
7. Sampling and Sampling Distributions.
8. Confidence Interval Estimation.
9. Hypothesis Testing.
Part 4: REGRESSION ANALYSIS AND TIME SERIES FORECASTING.
10. Regression Analysis: Estimating Relationships.
11. Regression Analysis: Statistical Inference.
12. Time Series Analysis and Forecasting.
Part 5: OPTIMIZATION AND SIMULATION MODELING.
13. Introduction to Optimization Modeling.
14. Optimization Models.
15. Introduction to Simulation Modeling.
16. Simulation Models.
Part 6: ADVANCED DATA ANALYSIS.
17. Data Mining.
18. Analysis of Variance and Experimental Design (MindTap Reader only)
19. Statistical Process Control (MindTap Reader only).