Application Servers Powering the Web-Based Enterprise
- 出版商: Morgan Kaufmann
- 出版日期: 1999-12-27
- 售價: $1,000
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $950
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 500
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 012251338X
- ISBN-13: 9780122513381
$399The Unified Modeling Language User Guide
$1,032The Unified Process Inception Phase: Best Practices for Completing the Unified
$299J2ME in a Nutshell
$299Core Java 2, Volume I: Fundamentals, 6/e (Paperback)
$299Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) Web Component Developer Exam Cram 2 (Exam Cram 310-080) (Paperback)
Order This Book | Authors | Contents | Related Titles
Application Servers: Powering the Web-Based Enterprise is an essential resource for all organizations turning to the Web as a medium for interactions with employees, vendors, customers, or partners. Addressed to technical and managerial IT personnel, this book provides both a conceptual and a practical introduction to application serverswhat they are, what they can do, and strategies for making them the cornerstone of Web applications that offer an unprecedented degree of dynamism, functionality, and scalability.
Inside, youll find all the information your organization needs to be able to make sound decisions about investing in and implementing this increasingly vital technology. The author pays special attention to the issues affecting the deployment of application servers in real business computing environments: integrating them with existing database systems, and understanding what they can and cannot do.
- Provides useful coverage of all the major products, in the context of a vendor-neutral discussion of underlying concepts and technology.
- Organized in four sections covering all aspects of putting an application server to work:design, development, production, and maintenance.
- Specifies and describes the protocols drawn on in common application server scenarios.
- Offers a realistic appraisal of the promise of application serversand a frank exploration of the challenges they pose, including integration with legacy systems.
- In conjunction with Database-Driven Web Sites and the forthcoming Managing the Web-Based Enterprise, presents a cohesive, forward-looking view of the technologies driving the evolution of e-commerce.
Jesse Feiler is Software Director of Philmont Software Mill. He has served as a consultant, author, and speaker for a number of prestigious organizations, including the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, Prodigy, Kodak, Young & Rubicam, and Apple. His many books on computer software and technologies include Filemaker Pro and the World Wide Web; Automating FileMaker Pro: Scripting, Calculations and Data Transfer; and Perl 5 Programmers Notebook. Two other books by Feiler from Morgan Kaufmann are companions to this one: Database-Driven Web Sites and Managing the Web-Based Enterprise.
Part I. Design
Chapter 1. The World of Application Servers
Chapter 2. Application Servers Today
Chapter 3. Databases and Application Servers
Chapter 4. Sub-Programs and Application Servers
Chapter 5. Components, Objects, and Application Servers
Part II. Development
Chapter 6. Developing the Interface
Chapter 7. Connecting to Logic: COM, CORBA, EJB, and RMI
Chapter 8. Connecting to Data: ODBC and JDBC
Chapter 9. Transaction Processing and TP Monitors
Chapter 10. Security and Application Servers
Chapter 11. Small-Scale Application Servers
Part IV. Maintenance
Chapter 12. Designing for Maintenance
Chapter 13. Managing Feedback
Chapter 14. How to Get There from Here
Appendix. Application Servers Today
About the Author