Nuclear Energy: An Introduction to the Concepts, Systems, and Applications of Nuclear Processes
Murray, Raymond, Holbert, Keith E.
- 出版商: Butterworth-Heineman
- 出版日期: 2019-02-12
- 售價: $3,080
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $2,926
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 624
- 裝訂: Quality Paper - also called trade paper
- ISBN: 012812881X
- ISBN-13: 9780128128817
Nuclear Energy: An Introduction to the Concepts, Systems, and Applications of Nuclear Processes, Eighth Edition, provides essential information on basic nuclear physics, systems and the applications of nuclear energy. It comprehensively covers Basic Concepts, Radiation and Its Uses, and Nuclear Power, providing students with a broad view of nuclear energy and science in a fast-paced format that features updated, timely content on topics of new and growing importance to current and future nuclear professionals, such as tritium-powered betavoltaic integrated circuit chips, the modulation of radioactive decay constant due to solar activity, Monte Carlo radiation transport calculations and accelerator-driven systems.
This book is an essential resource for any first course on nuclear energy and systems.
- Contains coverage of timely topics, such as the connection between hydraulic fracturing (fracking), radioactivity and nuclear forensics
- Covers the TerraPower traveling wave reactor, the first ever FDA approved drug for the treatment of acute radiation injury, and more
- Describes the industry response to the Fukushima nuclear disaster, including FLEX in the U.S.
- Includes more worked examples and end of chapter exercises