Wildlife Conservation in Africa: A Scientific Approach
Ajayi, S. S.
- 出版商: Academic Press
- 出版日期: 2019-05-29
- 售價: $3,290
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $3,126
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 274
- 裝訂: Quality Paper - also called trade paper
- ISBN: 0128169621
- ISBN-13: 9780128169629
Wildlife Conservation in Africa: A Scientific Approach presents comprehensive management strategies for the consumptive and non-consumptive utilization of wildlife across Sub-Saharan Africa. It describes African economies that are currently dependent on wildlife resources and prescribes strategies for conserving biodiversity in both forests and animals in ecosystems across the continent. The book covers the history and current status of how Africa's culture, traditions, healthcare and food sources are woven intricately around the local wildlife and resources. It is a necessary resource for researchers and practitioners in wildlife and ecological conservation, but is also useful for administrators and managers of protected areas.
- Written by the world's leading expert on African wildlife conservation
- Uses over 45 years of research and knowledge on the topic
- Provides a detailed categorization of conservation areas across Sub-Saharan Africa
- Covers both in-situ and ex-situ conservation methods for wildlife