PTG Interactive's Training Course for Red Hat Linux: A Digital Seminar
Deploy and administer enterprise-level Red Hat Linux system-- right now!
Stop struggling with dense textbooks: watch, listen, and learn as Mark Komarinski, RHCE demonstrates the key Red Hat Linux system administration techniques you need to master!
PTG Interactive's Training Course for Red Hat Linux combines powerful browser-based instruction with over 50 digital videos straight from the author's desktop! You'll walk step-by-step through account management, security, networking, deploying Web and email services, backup/restore, package management, kernel recompilation, Linux troubleshooting, and more.
- Watch digital videos, and animations. Listen to expert audio explanations and learn to master enterprise-level Red Hat Linux systems the easy way!
- Comprehensive coverage of key tasks! Including user accounts, boot/shutdown, installation, networking, printing, Samba, email, FTP, GNOME, upgrades, kernel, and much more!
- Test your knowledge with practice exercises and self-assessment questions.
- Install Red Hat Linux and other Linux software
- Create, manage, and secure user accounts
- Administer Red Hat from command line and GNOME graphical interface
- Deploy Internet and Web services: Apache, email, FTP, NetNews, and more
- Use Samba to provide cost-effective file/print services to Windows users
- Perform backups and restores
- Configure TCP/IP based networking
- Customize and recompile the Linux kernel
- Troubleshoot any Red Hat Linux system
- Anyone seeking a fast, easy way to master Red Hat Linux administration
- System administrators migrating from Windows or UNIX
- New system administrators
- Experienced Red Hat Linux administrators who want to deepen their skills
- Power users of any Linux distribution
- Web professionals running Apache on Linux
- Anyone who needs to deliver cost-effective file/print services to Windows users
- Red Hat Linux 6.2 or higher
- Windows 98/NT/2000/XP
- 300mHz processor or higher
- 64MB RAM (128 RAM recommended)
- CD-ROM Drive & Sound Card Support
- Netscape 4.76-.79 or 6.2 (not included)
- Internet Explorer 5.5 (included) or higher
Table of Contents
2. Linux Boot and Shutdown.
3. Account Administration.
4. Installing New Packages in Red Hat.
5. Networking with Linux.
6. Printing and Print Sharing.
9. Web Servers.
10. X Windowing System.
11. Securing Linux.
12. Working with the Red Hat Linux Kernel.
13. System and Network Monitoring.
14. Backing Up Your Data.