Wireless PC-Based Services
- 出版商: Prentice Hall Ptr
- 出版日期: 2001-03-15
- 定價: USD $39.99
- 售價: $299
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 480
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0130416649
- ISBN-13: 9780130416643
- Developing wireless Web applications: a complete guide for technical decision-makers
- Wireless networks, standards, applications, programming, and business planning
- Defining architectures, building development teams, choosing tools, and more
- Security, fault tolerance, directories, and other key issues
- Endorsed by leading wireless implementers at IBM, Motorola, and Roche
The up-to-the-minute Wireless Web briefing for every technical professional.
Wireless PC-Based Services is a complete briefing on Wireless Web technologies for every entrepreneur, decision-maker, and technical professional. IBM architect and leading wireless developer R. Scott Lewis covers every aspect of deploying wireless Internet services, from business plans through application design, standards through development tools.
Lewis presents in-depth coverage of state-of-the-art applications such as unified wireless inboxes, S.100-based wireless call processing, wireless message storage, wireless metering services, and wireless network management. The book also includes state-of-the-art coverage of wireless media conversion applications: language translation, text-to-audio, OCR, and handwriting-to-text. Coverage includes:
- Wireless Web services: consumer, producer, and enterprise perspectives
- Making sense of today's multiple wireless standards: analog to 3G, WAP to LDAP, SS7 to digital TV
- Developing wireless services: building a team -- and an organization
- Vendor-neutral frameworks and architectures for advanced wireless services
- Comparing languages and class libraries for wireless development
- Ensuring security and fault tolerance in wireless applications
- Distributed batch processing, queuing, and other techniques for maximizing application performance
- The role of directory services in wireless applications
- Internet, Global Positioning Systems, paging, and messaging technologies
If you're responsible for next-generation wireless Internet services, this book will increase your effectiveness and reduce your risks at every stage of the project lifecycle.
"Mr. Lewis' book is always the first wireless book that I pick up when I need a thorough treatment of all phases of wireless systems."
Rajnish Prasad, Senior IT Architect, IBM
"With these brilliant descriptions of possible service available to the wireless industry, Scott clearly takes his place as a leading developer in the wireless space."
Nathalie Plaziac, Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, Motorola