The Wired Tower: Perspectives on the Impact of the Internet on Higher Educat
- 出版商: Financial Times Prentice Hall
- 出版日期: 2002-07-01
- 售價: $1,050
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,029
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 256
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 0130428299
- ISBN-13: 9780130428295
The Wired Tower: Perspectives on the Impact of the Internet on Higher Education brings together leading thinkers and doers to assess the new realities of the Internet in higher education. Edited by Blackboard, Inc. Chairman Matthew Pittinsky, the book identifies key drivers of technology-related change, five transformative Internet-based learning practices most likely to succeed and explores every facet of Internet-related change. The book also includes original contributions from Neil Postman (The End of Education) and Arthur Levine, President, Columbia University Teacher's College.
Table of Contents
1. Transformation Through Evolution.
2. Higher Education: A Revolution Externally, Evolution Internally.
3. E-Learning in the Postsecondary Education Market: A View from Wall Street.
4. The Emerging Global E-Education Industry.
5. Quality, Cost and Access: The Case for Redesign.
6. Where the Rubber Meets the Road: An On-Campus Perspective of a CIO.
7. Questioning Media.
8. Five Great Promises of E-Learning.