Web Services: A Java Developer's Guide Using e-Speak
Naresh Apte, Toral Mehta
Master HP's fast, practical, secure technology for delivering advanced Internet-based Web services.
- Explains service-centric computing, competitive landscape, and the first Internet service technology—e-Speak
- Demonstrates how to deliver powerful Web services with HP's Java-based e-Speak platform
- Includes fully annotated Java code examples for every e-Speak component
- Contains two detailed case studies: supply chain management and location-based mobile services
Make the Web work for you—with HP's open, Java, and XML-based software platform for creating and delivering Web services. Web Services: A Java Developer's Guide Using E-Speak is one of the first books focusing on service-centric computing. It is also the complete, authoritative guide to e-Speak technology. Written by two HP e-Speak experts, it covers all aspects of the service life cycle, while illuminating the broader technical and business issues associated with Internet service-based economies.
- Web services: what they are, and how they can solve business problems
- Enabling Internet-based services to find each other and interact programmatically, wherever they are—securely
- E-Speak service development, deployment, and discovery
- Comparative survey of competitive initiatives and technologies such as CORBA, J2EE, ebXML, UDDI, and .NET
- Key concepts: client and service interactions, vocabularies, contracts, service composition; the multicore environment; persistence, events, messages, and HP's "E-Services Village" service registry
- E-Speak's transformation into HP Web Services Platform—a standards-based, highly interoperable platform for Internet service delivery
Web Services: A Java Developer's Guide Using E-Speak contains Java code examples throughout. It also includes comprehensive case studies in supply chain management and location-based mobile services. Whatever Internet services you intend to deploy, this book is your complete blueprint for getting the job done.CD-ROM INCLUDED
The accompanying CD-ROM contains the e-Speak software to get developers started, plus working code examples, tools, and the databases used in the book.
Table of Contents
I. WEB SERVICES.
1. The Web Service Phenomenon.
2. E-Speak Overview.
II. WEB SERVICE DEVELOPMENT.
3. A Simple E-Speak Service.
4. Understanding Client-Service Interactions.
5. Vocabularies and Contracts.
6. Advanced Service Interactions.
III. WEB SERVICE DEPLOYMENT.
7. Multicore Environment.
9. Firewall Traversal.
11. Service Registries.
IV. APPLIED E-SPEAK.
12. Case Studies.
13. E-Services and Web Services.
14. Comparable Technologies.
15. Competitive Landscape.
16. Future of E-Services and Web Services at HP.
A: Installing and Configuring E-Speak.
B: Setting Up DSN.
C: Databases and Database Wrapper Utility.
D: Property Methods for Vocabulary Attributes.
E: Esconnection Config File Entries.
F: E-Speak Exception Hierarchy.