Capacity Planning for Web Services: Metrics, Models, and Methods
Daniel A. Menasce, Virgilio A.F. Almeida
- 出版商: Prentice Hall
- 出版日期: 2001-09-21
- 售價: $2,014
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,913
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 608
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0130659037
- ISBN-13: 9780130659033
The #1 guide to Web capacity planning -- now completely updated!
- A quantitative analysis of Web service availability
- An integrated coverage of benchmarking, load testing, workload forecasting, and performance modeling of Web services
- Example and case studies show how to use each technique in the latest Web services, portals, search engines, mobile and streaming-media applications
- A quantitative framework for planning the capacity of Web services and understanding their behavior
The world's #1 book on Web capacity planning now covers the latest Web services, e-business, and mobile applications! Capacity Planning for Web Services: Metrics, Models, and Methods introduces quantitative performance predictive models for every major Web scenario, showing precisely how to identify and address both potential and actual performance problems. Coverage includes:
- Web services: protocols, interaction models, and unique performance, reliability, and availability challenges
- State-of-the-art capacity planning methodologies
- Spreadsheets implement the solutions of the models presenteed in the book
- Specific issues and workloads associated with HTTP and TCP/IP protocols
- Benchmarking current performance at system and component levels
From accommodating current usage peaks to defining service provider SLAs, Daniel A. Menasce and Virgilio Almeida cover every aspect of capacity planning — helping you optimize every tradeoff between cost and performance.
Table of Contents
About the Authors.
1. When Web Performance Is a Problem.
2. Protocols and Interaction Models for Web Services.
3. Basic Performance Concepts.
4. Performance Issues of Web Services.
5. Planning the Capacity of Web Services.
6. Understanding and Characterizing the Workload.
7. Benchmarks and Performance Tests.
8. System-Level Performance Models.
9. Component-Level Performance Models.
10. Web Performance Modeling.
11. Availability of Web Services.
12. Workload Forecasting.
13. Measuring Performance.
14. Wrapping Up.
Appendix A: Glossary of Terms.
Appendix B: Downloads.