Distributed Operating Systems Concepts & Practice
Doreen L. Galli Ph.D.
- 出版商: Prentice Hall
- 出版日期: 1999-09-10
- 定價: USD $149.80
- 售價: $1,050
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,029
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 464
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0130798436
- ISBN-13: 9780130798435
Doreen Galli uses her considerable academic and professional experience to bring together the worlds of theory and practice providing leading edge solutions to tomorrow's challenges. Distributed Operating Systems: Concepts and Practice offers a good balance of real world examples and the underlying theory of distributed computing. The flexible design makes it usable for students, practitioners and corporate training.
This book describes in detail each major aspect of distributed operating systems from a conceptual and practical viewpoint. The operating systems of Amoeba, Clouds, and Chorus (the base technology for JavaOS) are utilized as examples throughout the text; while the technologies of Windows 2000, CORBA, DCOM, NFS, LDAP, X.500, Kerberos, RSA, DES, SSH, and NTP demonstrate real life solutions. A simple client/server application is included in the appendix to demonstrate key distributed computing programming concepts. This book proves invaluable as a course text or as a reference book for those who wish to update and enhance their knowledge base. A Companion Website provides supplemental information.
- A broad range of distributed computing issues and concepts: Kernels, IPC, memory management, object-based operating systems, distributed file systems (with NFS and X.500), transaction management, process management, distributed synchronization, and distributed security
- A major case study of Windows 2000 to demonstrate a real life commercial solution
- Detail Boxes contain in-depth examples such as complex algorithms
- Project-oriented exercises providing hands-on-experience
- Relevant sources including 'core' Web and ftp sites, as well as research papers
- Easy reference with complete list of acronyms and glossary to aid readability