Digital Communications Systems
For senior-level students taking the communications option in colleges and institutes of technology.
Unique in scope and content, this text incorporates all the major topics related to digital communications into a single volume. It examines, in some detail, the three mediums utilized in digital transmission—line-of-sight, satellite and optical fibers.
Table of Contents:
1. Noise in Communications Systems.
2. Voice Signal Digitization.
3. Digital Radio.
4. Line-of-Sight Microwave Links.
5. Communications Satellites.
6. Satellite Earth Stations.
7. Satellite Access.
8. Satellite Links.
9. Fiber-Optic Communications.
10. Optical Fiber Communications System Analysis and Design.
11. System Measurements and Performance Evaluation.
12. Elements of High-Definition TV.