The Cabling Handbook, 2/e
John R. Vacca
- 出版商: Pearson Education
- 出版日期: 2000-12-10
- 定價: USD $49.99
- 售價: $399
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 1360
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 0130883174
- ISBN-13: 9780130883179
- The #1 A-Z network and telecom cabling reference100% updated!
- New coverage! Fiber, home networking, cable modems, and much more
- WAN connections, xDSL wiring-even wireless networks
- Step-by-step planning, implementation, and management
- Systematic troubleshooting guide
- Quick-reference, task-oriented format!
- The professional's guide to computer and telecom cabling!
- Completely updated! Fiber, home networking, cable modems, wireless, and more
- Choosing the right vendors and products
- Great preparation for Network+ cable-related exam objectives!
The Cabling Handbook, Second Edition is a thorough, up-to-the-minute professional's guide to every aspect of LAN and telecommunications cabling, from planning through installation and management. From Category 5 twisted pair and fiber to the latest wireless LAN solutions, it's all here: standards, product comparisons, topology and architecture design, electrical and safety considerations, and moreincluding invaluable information for anyone preparing for CompTIA Network+ certification. This brand new second edition has been updated with extensive new coverage of fiber technologies, home networking, cable modems, and much more. Rely on this book for expert guidance on:
- Estimating the cost of cable plant upgrades
- Choosing the right installer and supervising installation
- Selecting the optimal cabling system and products
- Deploying wireless LANs with maximum reliability, coverage, throughput, and security
- Managing cable systems to minimize long-term costs and maximize long-term reliability
- Troubleshooting cable system problems rapidly and effectively
Expert John Vacca goes beyond LANs, reviewing key cable-related issues associated with campus networks, WANs, and the Internet. You'll find extensive coverage of cable management software and documenting cable systems. The book contains detailed listings of top cable installers, fiber optic cable manufacturers, cable labeling vendors, SCSI, and wireless LAN providers.
Whether you buy, sell, or manage cabling systems, you need to maximize quality and minimize disruptionnow and for decades to come. One book shows you how: The Cabling Handbook, Second Edition.