Advanced Java 2 How to Program (Paperback)
Harvey M. Deitel, Paul J. Deitel, Sean E. Santry
The authoritative DEITEL™ LIVE-CODE™ guide to programming with the Java™ 2 Enterprise (J2SE™), Standard (J2SE™) and Micro (J2ME™) Editions
Java™ has revolutionized application and enterprise-systems development. Using examples and case studies totaling almost 40,000 lines of code, this exciting companion to Java How to Program, 4/e focuses on J2EE-based, enterprise-systems development, presents advanced J2SE concepts and introduces wireless/small-device programming with J2ME.
Dr. Harvey M. Deitel and Paul J. Deitel are the founders of Deitel & Associates, Inc., the internationally recognized corporate-training and content-creation organization specializing in Java™, C++, C, C#™, Visual Basic®, Visual C++®, .NET, XML™, Python, Perl, Internet, Web and object technologies. The Deitels are also the authors of the world's #1 C++ textbook—C++ How to Program, 3/e-and many other best sellers.
In Advanced Java 2 Platform How to Program, the Deitels and their colleague Sean E. Santry discuss the topics you need to build Java-based enterprise systems, including:
- RMI/CORBA/RMI over IIOP
- Secure Sockets/Digital Signatures/JCE/JAAS
- Advanced Swing/Drag and Drop/MVC
- Graphics/Java 2D™/Java 3D™
- Application Servers/Design Patterns
- Peer to Peer/Web Services with SOAP
Advanced Java 2 Platform How to Program includes extensive pedagogic features:
- Numerous LIVE-CODE™ programs with screen captures that show exact outputs
- Extensive World, Wide Web and Internet resources to encourage further research
- Tips, recommended practices and cautions—all marked with icons
Table of Contents
2. Advanced Swing Graphical User Interface Components.
4. Graphics Programming with Java 2D and Java 3D.
5. Case Study: Java 2D GUI Application with Design Patterns.
6. JavaBeans Component Model.
8. Java Database Connectivity (JDBC).
10. JavaServer Pages (JSP).
11. Case Study: Servlet and JSP Bookstore.
12. Java-Based Wireless Applications Development and J2ME.
13. Remote Method Invocation.
14. Session EJBs and Distributed Transactions.
15. Entity EJBs.
16. Messaging with JMS.
17. Enterprise Java Case Study: Architectural Overview.
18. Enterprise Java Case Study: Presentation and Controller Logic.
19. Enterprise Java Case Study: Business Logic Part 1.
20. Enterprise Java Case Study: Business Logic Part 2.
21. Application Servers.
24. Java Management Extensions (JMX) (on CD).
25. Jiro (on CD).
26. Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA): Part 1 (on CD).
27. Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA): Part 2 (on CD).
28. Peer-to-Peer Applications and JXTA.
29. Introduction to Web Services and SOAP.
Appendix A. Creating Markup with XML (on CD).
Appendix B. Document Type Definition (DTD) (on CD).
Appendix C. Document Object Model (DOM) (on CD).
Appendix D. XSL: Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations (XSLT) (on CD).
Appendix E. Downloading and Installing J2EE 1.2.1 (on CD).
Appendix F. Java Community ProcessSM (JCP) (on CD).
Appendix G. Java Native Interface (JNI) (on CD).
Appendix H. Career Opportunities (on CD).
Appendix I. Unicode (on CD).