JSP and Java: The Complete Guide to Website Development
售價: $199Oracle Web Applications: PL/SQL Developer's Introduction (Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,259Java XML Programmer's Reference
售價: $199Java 2 Micro Edition (Paperback)
售價: $199Apache Jakarta-Tomcat
貴賓價: $1,946Professional .NET Framework (Paperback)
售價: $399Java Server Pages Application Development (Paperback)
售價: $199Java Server and Servlets: Building Portable Web Applications (Paperback)
售價: $99XML.NET Developer's Guide
售價: $750SQL Server Security Distilled
貴賓價: $1,622Server-Based Java Programming
售價: $199Enterprise Java Servlets (Paperback)
售價: $299Effective Visual Studio .Net
售價: $99.NET Enterprise Development in VB.NET: From Design to Deployment (Paperback)
貴賓價: $988Medical Image Analysis (IE-Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,396LPI Linux Certification in a Nutshell (Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,532802.11 Wireless Networks: The Definitive Guide
貴賓價: $1,260Lessons Learned in Software Testing (Paperback)
Build dynamic, database-driven Web sites with Java technologies—step by step!
- The first book to cover the entire process of building Java-based Web sites
- Focuses on the most powerful open source tools for enterprise Web development
- JSP, JDBC, and JavaBeans: practical Java server-side solutions
- Covers Apache, Tomcat, and PostgreSQL installation, configuration, and use
- Includes comprehensive case study using powerful Java design patterns
Now, there's a start-to-finish guide to using Java and open source technologies to create cost-effective, scalable Web sites. In JSP and Java, Art Taylor presents real-world scenarios and code examples that leverage today's key Java and open source technologies—including JSP, JavaBeans, the Apache HTTP server, Tomcat JSP/servlet server, and the PostgreSQL database.
Taylor begins by introducing Java-based Web sites: their advantages, key components, and architectural attributes. Then, using powerful Java design patterns, he constructs a complete Web site using Java and open source tools—presenting extensive, carefully documented code examples throughout. JSP and Java covers:
- Apache Web server and the Jakarta-Tomcat application server: installation, integration, and use
- Building JavaServer Pages and deploying them on the Tomcat server
- Installing and configuring the Apache Web server, the world's most popular HTTP server
- Leveraging the strengths of Apache and Tomcat to maximize application scalability and stability
- Working with data stored in PostgreSQL databases—including detailed PostgreSQL installation and configuration guidance
- Extensive code examples for building and deploying custom JSP tags and a discussion group application
JSP and Java is the first book to cover all the technologies needed to build Java-based Web sites. If you're ready to achieve the full promise of enterprise Web development, this is the book you've been searching for.
Table of Contents
1. The Web Takes Over.
2. Creating the Web Infrastructure: The Apache Server.
3. Creating the Web Server Environment: The Database.
4. Building the Java Web Site: The Tomcat Server.
5. Making the Pieces Work: Integrating the Tomcat Server with Apache.
6. Java Server Pages.
7. Designing JSP Applications.
8. JSP Programming: A Basic Example.
9. JSP in Practice: A Discussion Group System.
10. JSP Development: JavaBeans Programming.
11. Database Access with JavaBeans.
12. Bringing It All Together: the Completed Application.
Appendix A: The Tomcat 4.0 Server.
Appendix B: Enterprise JavaBeans Architecture.
Appendix C: JDBC API.
Appendix D: Code Listings: Cal.java and TagCal.java.
Appendix E: Code Listing: KnowledgeBaseFacade.java.
Appendix F: Knowledge_baseDAO.java.